Teen Pleads Guilty

I used to blog for my old company, but they took the blog down. I am
not actually allowed to own the writings I put up on that blog, but as
I reference them on occasion in my writing I am putting those articles
up in my archives here for reference sake. I'll put the tag GS on those
articles noting that they were originally published on the http://schoolfinder.globalscholar.com/blog/


Teen Pleads Guilty

May 7, 2008 – 4:54 am by Brendan


Picture of Angel Facio
On May 6th, 2008, a 16-year-old pleaded guilty to attempted first-degree murder. He will most likely spend at least the next 5 years in juvenile detention with the possibility of more time spent in adult prison. Final sentencing will be held on June 3rd, 2008.

As a teacher, I read through this article thinking this child is getting a fairly severe punishment. I was thinking that I hope 5 years in juvie doesn’t make him a worse criminal before he turns twenty-one. As I read about the injuries to the teacher, at least seven stab wounds to the head and neck and the loss of an eye, I thought, “No I think this is a pretty good sentence for this crime.”

Then I read the last two lines, accused of sexually assaulting an 8-year-old and accused of attempting to abduct a Larsen Middle School student, and I had to scroll back to the top and look at the picture again. How could such and innocent looking child be capable of such atrocities?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Myself a Better Teacher Episode 1

Writing my lessons with OpenAI

Finally getting around to playing with CHATGPT