Videos for Inspiration

I started reading this blog post - well watching the videos and I didn't get through the first one before I had something to say.





Lessons for teaching:
Good teaching then becomes the ability to give students time to slow think, but to be there when they need help.
More importantly we need to understand our subject well enough so that when students come up to us with half formed ideas we need to recognize the path that they are traveling on so that we can guide them further along the right path - not our path.
Well right path isn’t necessarily the right term because sometimes the wrong path is more important to travel first.
Sometimes students come up to me with questions and my best response is not an answer, but a question. Why did you do this? What were you thinking when you did this? What did you want to happen? Why don’t you and Joe work together I think you two are working on similar ideas?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Myself a Better Teacher Episode 1

Writing my lessons with OpenAI

Finally getting around to playing with CHATGPT