Finally getting around to playing with CHATGPT

 My first question and answer. so the question is from a performance task I set for my students. I think if they followed the directions they could turn in a piece of work that I would grade as acceptable. Often I try to get my students to write or verbally explain their thought process and I would be looking for this exact answer. Well maybe I would expect them to tell me to draw a line up three boxes on a graph paper and over 4 boxes to make a right triangle.


Draw a right triangle ABC.side lengths of 3 and 4. Draw a dilation of triangle ABC with a center of dilation at A and a scale factor of 2 label the new vertices B’ and C’ Write a similarity statement for triangles ABC and AB’C’

To draw a right triangle with side lengths 3 and 4, start by drawing a horizontal line and a vertical line. These two lines will represent two sides of the triangle. Next, draw a diagonal line connecting the two lines to form the hypotenuse of the triangle. Label the points where the horizontal and vertical lines intersect as A and B, and label the point where the diagonal line intersects the vertical line as C.

Next, draw a dilation of triangle ABC with a center of dilation at A and a scale factor of 2. To do this, you will need to draw a new triangle with sides that are twice as long as the sides of triangle ABC. Connect the vertices of the new triangle using straight lines. Label the new vertices as B' and C'.

The similarity statement for triangles ABC and AB'C' is: "Triangles ABC and AB'C' are similar, with a scale factor of 2 and a center of dilation at A." This statement tells us that the two triangles are similar, meaning that they have the same shape, but not necessarily the same size. The scale factor of 2 means that the sides of triangle AB'C' are twice as long as the sides of triangle ABC, and the center of dilation at A indicates that the dilation was centered at point A.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Myself a Better Teacher Episode 1

Writing my lessons with OpenAI