Inspiration

I used to blog for my old company, but they took the blog down. I am
not actually allowed to own the writings I put up on that blog, but as
I reference them on occasion in my writing I am putting those articles
up in my archives here for reference sake. I'll put the tag GS on those
articles noting that they were originally published on the http://schoolfinder.globalscholar.com/blog/


Inspiration

“Primarily it is the schools and not the scholars which should be inspected.” Alfred Whitehead The Aims of Education

I’ve always liked the idea of inspirational quotes and pictures. So I thought I would share a few quotes I dreamed up.

For me education has always been a journey. No matter where we are on our personal journey as we expand our understanding it is like illuminating a bit more of the world.

It has often been said that most U.S. curriculum is a mile wide and an inch deep. We try too hard to cover everything and end up learning nothing. Let’s focus on a few areas of interest, the rest will come because it is necessary for true understanding of our area of focus.

Sometimes that means things blow up in your face. In the world of disruptive technologies it means the old standard will eventually be replaced by something new, better, and almost completely unforeseen.

The only real reason I like to go to “school” is because it forces me to stop and focus on the subject at hand for a specific amount of time.

No good set of inspirational quotes would be complete without the obligatory sun through the clouds view and the sky is the limit quote.

“What is this nonsense that has possessed you for so long, Socrates? And why do you act like fools making way for one another?” The Republic of Plato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Myself a Better Teacher Episode 1

Writing my lessons with OpenAI

Finally getting around to playing with CHATGPT