Education continues unabated

I used to blog for my old company, but they took the blog down. I am
not actually allowed to own the writings I put up on that blog, but as
I reference them on occasion in my writing I am putting those articles
up in my archives here for reference sake. I'll put the tag GS on those
articles noting that they were originally published on the http://schoolfinder.globalscholar.com/blog/


Education continues unabated

In the midst of one of the worst financial crises in ever some teacher has the audacity to use it to further his or her student’s education.

Observe the comment left on this blog:

Our AP Macroeconomics and AP Government classes on Friday afternoon were devoted to talk of the unstable U.S. economy and its relation to the upcoming presidential election. As we talked in class, we shared the information we knew and garnered additional facts. During our discussion, I was able to formulate my own theories about our economy, but I was also left with more questions than could be answered.

What is this high school student doing on a real life blog anyway? Did you read anywhere in her comment where she told us she was gathering extra information for a discussion on Monday? Shouldn’t she have spent her weekend going to parties or a football game or something that we adults could point to as the decline of western civilization? When I was in high school I was lucky to get my homework finished. I certainly wasn’t spending my free time reading expert opinions about a topic we discussed in class.

I suppose in some schools she would have had to wait until the class had reached to point in the text book where they talked about government backed bailout plans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Myself a Better Teacher Episode 1

Writing my lessons with OpenAI

Finally getting around to playing with CHATGPT