First Rule of Writing

I used to blog for my old company, but they took the blog down. I am
not actually allowed to own the writings I put up on that blog, but as
I reference them on occasion in my writing I am putting those articles
up in my archives here for reference sake. I'll put the tag GS on those
articles noting that they were originally published on the http://schoolfinder.globalscholar.com/blog/


First Rule of Writing - Write

December 4, 2008 – 9:16 am by Brendan

It has been a while since my last post. Some days it is just difficult to find the time to write and lately it has been like that most days. I haven’t stopped learning though. The great thing about being in education is that people expect you to spend part of time learning.Over the last few weeks I have done most of my learning through listening. I listen to the edtechtalk.com podcasts on a fairly regular basis. I listened and almost watched just about every presentation at k12online.com. And every time someone posts a link to an ongoing presentation I usually click on it.

I listen to all of these streams for a couple of reasons:

1. I like to hear what other people are doing.

2. I can usually learn at least one thing.

3. I’m one of those people who requires a bit of noise in the background and this is so much better than the radio.

I have also been doing my best to keep up with my RSS feed. At one point I literally had thousands of unread blog posts in my feed. I took most of a weekend to plow through all those posts. (No I didn’t read them all).

RSS Feed

This did two things:

1. It made me feel like I got some stuff done.

2. It gave me some great thoughts for new blog posts.

Now I just need to find some extra time to get down to writing these posts.

It took me almost a week to get this down on paper (computer screen). On the other hand I my sit down and jot out a few outlines first. Hmm, that is almost like real writing. I need to do something to get back into the swing of things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Myself a Better Teacher Episode 1

Writing my lessons with OpenAI

Finally getting around to playing with CHATGPT