The Cell Phone as a Teaching Tool

I used to blog for my old company, but they took the blog down. I am
not actually allowed to own the writings I put up on that blog, but as
I reference them on occasion in my writing I am putting those articles
up in my archives here for reference sake. I'll put the tag GS on those
articles noting that they were originally published on the http://schoolfinder.globalscholar.com/blog/




The Cell Phone as a Teaching Tool

October 1, 2008 – 5:37 pm by Brendan

In my experience a permissive school today is a school that lets their students keep cell phones in their lockers. Here though we have a school that not only seems to allow their students to have cell phones on their person they are allowing them to use them in the classroom.From the inspiration of Darren Draper who seems to think these mini internet machines can actually be used in a positive way in the classroom.

Watch the almost 8 minute video and you will find that cell phones are only one tiny bit of the technology that is being under used in our classrooms today. There are also podcasts, blogs, wikis, GPS, and so much more.

Don’t get me wrong there is a lot of learning that can be done from books. I myself love to sit back and read a good book. On the other hand most people prefer to learn by doing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Myself a Better Teacher Episode 1

Writing my lessons with OpenAI

Finally getting around to playing with CHATGPT